word stream

Wednesday

WORD STREAM (23) Beyond Existance



WORD STREAM (23) Beyond Existence
 *********************************

(memory is an everlasting treasure----) 
 














 I was filled with excitement
My heart was beating fast, 
Spending fifty years in a foreign land
I was reaching my village ,at last.


I had past memory of my village,
When I was young boy of ten,
I still had a vision in my eyes,
Of that place, as it was then,


Narrow lanes, and thorny bushes,
Endless fields, fragrance of land,
Round shouldered huts, zigzag fence,
Neighboring river, and knocking sand.


Crop, as regiment, standing high,
Greenery laid on the bed of soil,
Tough farmers, with rigid figures,
Fighting their fate, in turmoil

.
When I reached my native place,
I was shocked, with series of quakes,
My vision,my village,my dreamland-
Had turned, into an industrial -complex.


My village did not exist-no more,
Dreamland was not there to define,
There was a sign- board flashing,
“National Highway Twenty- Nine.” 


No forest,no huts,no village,no fields,
All vanished.beneath the dense smoke,
Virgin river dipped into jungle of concrete, 
My vision? dreamland?--O,what a joke!


Highway had joined the giant metros,
To bridge the new age, by presence,
My tiny river had died, beneath the bridge,
To become MEMORY; beyond existence.
**********************************
                                                  (C)  keshavdubey
                                                                   30-8-2017
                           



       

                                 







No comments:

Post a Comment